Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Brussels!!!!!!!!

Brussels!!!!!!!!
First Weekend Trip!

Only 5 hours on the train and I am in a completely different setting from Heidelberg!
I even used my french from l'ecole.  A lot of Je voudrais and Vous parlez l'anglais but still counts!
I have now been to mass in German and French!

Heidelberg Train Station


 First Youth Hostel



Brussels!






 Notice the graffiti its everywhere in Brussels

 I bet this view looks great on a clear day
 Royal Palace of Laeken


 Taking the Hop On Hop Off tour
 Some pretty building

 The Atomium






National Basilica: Basilica of Sacred Heart

Was not allowed to go inside but looks great from the outside
 Brussels on Sea
Brussels Stock Exchange




 Manneken Pis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to admit I almost walked right past him.
I thought it was a miniature version of the real thing.
But then I realized the tons of tourists were actually taking pictures of this guy.
He is EVERYWHERE in Brussels!


He was wearing a bathing suit to celebrate summer!
I recommend this website if you are obsessed with his 700 outfits like I am!

Went around the corner to a waffle stand and saw him again with the Belgium colors in a soccer uniform for the World Cup!

 How Amazing do the waffles look?





 A waffle with whip cream and hot sauce........Amazing!!!

 Grand Place!!! The absolutley beautiful square




 ok that's me in the middle
 Look there I am again!





 If you want a picture I guess it has to be a selfie!


 St. Nicholas Church


                             


St. Therese!!!!!!
                             
St. Nicholas!
 Frites!
 This couple was pushing their bull dog around thought it was pretty funny!
 Went back to see him again!


 Buildings

 Le Musée de la Ville de Bruxelles

Really Beautiful outside and inside!

Only 3 euros if you are a student!

 A whole room dedicated to his outfits!!!



 Represents America!

People getting ready for the Belgium Argentina Game!
Planete Chocolate!


Watched a chocolate demenstration that was half french half english
Drank Belgian hot chocolate
Ate a lot of Belgian chocolate




Sunday Morning! 
Walked back to Grand Place and saw some Neapolitan Mastiff Event Going on!
Went Back to Le Musée de la Ville de Bruxelles because I had to run out quickly to get the the chocolate demonstration








OF COURSE! had to see him one more time!!



AND one more waffle!

Same Waffle!
Some other pretty church
After getting lost and praying to St. Anthony... Found The Cathedral of St. Michael and St. Gudula 








What an amazing weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment