Monday, August 4, 2014

World Cup!

How awesome it to say that I was there when Deutschland won their fourth World Cup???

All of the other students and I went in town to a public viewing.  It was packed with a ton of people all ready to show their German pride.  Every time it looked like Germany would score a goal all the people started chanting Deutschland and clapping in rhythm.  I found that slightly amusing since the team could not here it.  Oh well!  After a 0-0 first half and a 0-0 second half.  I decided to leave the viewing and head to my aunt and uncles for the final minutes of overtime.  I knew nothing had happened as I walked to their house because it was the neighborhood was very quiet and no one was out on the road.  I got to their house right as Mario Gotze scored the winning goal.  Germany pretty much erupted after that.  On my walk back to the dorm, people were setting fireworks off, everyone was honking their horns, and of course everyone was ringing their bike bells!  There was a ton of passion and I could not fall asleep with the window open as I normally do because there was so much noise!





No comments:

Post a Comment